blogger posts

Saturday, September 08, 2018

Winter Activities for Children to Keep Them Healthy


With childhood obesity becoming a problem, more and more parents are on the look out for things to do with their children to get them off the couch and doing something constructive. Some of you might find it a bit hard to do during the winter months, but we have found winter fitness activities for kids.

There is nothing wrong with getting them outside. There are tons of things that you and your kids can do in the snow so as to work some muscles and get some exercise in. One of those things is that you guys can build forts and have a snowball fight. Not only is it fun, but it's a game that causes the heart to speed up and so forth.

There are some winter sports that go on as well that you can be a part of. Many times, there are places that have basketball indoors so kids have something to do during the winter months. Some sports centers have indoor soccer with teams that kids can join.

Sledding is another thing that you can do. The whole family can enjoy it. The bigger the hills to climb, the more exercise you and the whole family get when you climb back up to slide back down again. Sometimes the simple winter things that we love doing, we don't even stop to think about the physical fitness that is involved.

The wii system is one last thing that can bring your family some fun. Unlike other video games, this one makes you actually do the actions so that you are getting somewhat of a workout. If you don't want to bring children out in the cold, then this is one option for keeping your children healthy.
Check out: Video game Fitness- Dance Revolution

15 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.

Have a nice day!

Megan Merchant said...

Thanks for the post, always great to have fitness ideas for kids when it's so cold.
Here are some outdoor ideas as well:
http://meganmerchantsblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/snow-day-try-these-4-outside-goodies.html
Keep up the great posts!

Unknown said...

This is a really nice blog. Please check out my client's site for similar content. Thanks - Pete

Anonymous said...

Chevy W7H Turbocharger

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
its nice to read a useful article for beginner like me. Some of points from this article are very helpful for me as I haven’t considered them yet. I would like to say thank you for sharing this cool article. Bookmarked and sharing for friends.

anadrol oxymetholone said...

Great blog, I was looking for ideas and you've helped a lot.
Thanks.
Ana

canadian mum said...

Great blog. It gives me an idea how to keep my child keeps active this coming winter season.

fitness for kids said...

Sometimes I just can’t control my playful kids that are just too active. They’ll climb your stairs, use your couch like a trampoline, and even use your poor white walls as their art canvas. Being playful is a normal stage in a kid’s life as it helps stimulate their creativeness and arouse their skills.

Best Elliptical Machines said...

My son and I use the Wii fit and the Kinect for XBOX all the time. We have a blast playing with them and get a good exercise in.

la mom said...

Kids will always be a kid.

la youngster said...

Interesting article about how can we make our child stay active and healthy despite of the cold weather outside. I'm sure lots of mommies out there are so glad to read your blog here.

Boot Camp Holiday said...

Hmmm… interesting take. I can’t say that I agree with you completely but your position is laid out well

KrishaLiva said...

Thanks this post. Your post would really give insight to all parents there on how to keep their kids healthy.
___________
Krisha
pediatric emr | ehr software

obesity in children in america said...

Hi,

I think you had chosen good topic to blogging.

Today's rush life, parents have no time to care for their children. winter is coming and every parents must know about that how to keep their children healthy and how to prevent their children from child obesity.

Jumping Rope said...

Thanks for posting! I am always looking for things to do with my kids during the winter months to keep them active. During the rest of the year, they love to go outside and play with their friends. One of their favorite things to do is jump rope. This will give us some new things to try this winter. Great post!

http://www.creativebioscience.com said...

Physical exercise is important for maintaining physical fitness and can contribute positively to maintaining a healthy weight, building and maintaining healthy bone density, muscle strength, and joint mobility, promoting physiological well-being, reducing surgical risks, and strengthening the immune system. Thanks.